Shopping Spree

Looking at my non-existent savings account, my credit card bills, and the shopping spree I've journeyed into these past 2 weeks, I ask myself how did I get here again? I'm back to where I started over a decade ago in New York with my wide-eyed, heart racing excitement caused by my first plastic card looking at "objects" in a different sort of way... finding the amazing variety of cute shops promising you individual style for the millions of people, the red banners with the letters S-A-L-E and once in a lifetime sample sales held a few times each year.

Moving to Jakarta, I presumed the temptations would be less challenging but I admit I was wrong. When it comes to online shopping, bazaars, clothing, shoes, souvenirs, gadgets, well actually any kind of shopping, I buy more than i need, and spend more than my budget. The sad thing is I only use half of the things I buy, and the rest takes its long nap underneath the chaos of my unorganized closet. How easy it is to get carried away... rooting from just a little hiccup in your seemingly harmless day to 12 credit card payments later (0% installment was so appealing)  T_T

So I'm saying enough... for the 100th millionth time :P and with my upcoming move I've decided to make a vow not to purchase any item of clothing (ok and shoes... gadgets also... unless if I need it...cuz I really do need a printer :P) until i have paid off my credit card bills... and have an actual savings account (other than my investments)

Looking at some links some friends gave, like newdressaday and theuniformproject inspires me to wear what I have in new ways, and if its not wearable make it into something new! Lets see how it works out :) SEMANGAT! bismillah....

“Buy, buy, says the sign in the shop window; Why, why, says the junk in the yard” 
~ Paul McCartney

Comments

  1. This is really good! should be read by thousands girl / woman who spent a lot of time and money in something called shopping. Meanwhile they probably could do something else with their time and money for another positiive things...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Receiving

Upgrade Your Life

Hugging Meditation