A Relaxing Weekend

Here's a rundown of my weekend without the running of course :)

On saturday I woke up at 8. I really wanted to stay in bed a little longer but Bali's sunshine is so bright I would need black shades and tape to block out the light. It's a great change from my dungeon in jakarta though. The sun definitely gives the boost of energy that I need. I decided to read some articles on my blackberry, and I ended up reading this article about invisible computing. Quite an interesting read.

After too much information for a weekend, I opened all the curtains and shutters around the house. The skies were a bit cloudy but it was still very bright. The cool morning breeze was quite refreshing. I was going to turn on some music while I folded some clothes, but decided just to have silence, observing and listening to the sounds outside. There is an elementary school a few roads down so there were shouts and laughter of children playing, birds chirping, and occasional sounds of motorbikes passing.


After all the folding, I went down to do some laundry. We have an old washing machine that needs a few tricks of its own to make it work properly. You sort of have to work your way in there.


While I waited for the machine to do it's magic, I did some sweeping at the top floor of the house. Then I went back down again to hang the clothes to dry. Some of it were my mother and sister's clothing they left behind which made me miss them even more. I was suddenly reminded about people who lost their loved ones and kept an article of their clothing which still has their scent. How precious it must be to them like a piece of treasured memory. While outside I continued my chores of watering the plants and flowers as the gamelan music begins to play from the school. The balinese dance session is in progress! If I go to my second floor window, I can actually see the children dancing :) well maybe if I use binoculars LOL


After sweeping the bottom floors, I felt a bit exhausted so I laid down and chatted with a friend in Jakarta. I fell asleep for an hour and it felt like the most refreshing nap I ever took. Finally I took a shower and did my dhuhr prayer keeping in mind the wonderful lessons i've learned from ust. Abu Sangkan on TV, about the islamic prayer not only being a meditative spiritual practice, but a physical exercise as well similar to yoga (More on this on my next post).


In the afternoon, I walked to the local supermarket 3 blocks away to look for some cheese and baguette. It turns out they didn't have any so instead I bought some tempe, tofu and other veggies to make some stir-fried tofu and vegetable and fried tempe for dinner tonight. When something doesn't go your way, let destiny take its' course :) turns out I had a perfect delicious meal for the night.



After breaking my fast, prayer and dinner. I watched American Beauty for the millionth time, and I always feel so blessed after the movie.

"I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." Lester Burnham

Sunday was equally as relaxing. I went to carrefour and stayed there for hours just smelling at all the food. Got my baguette and cheese :) so I could finally make my cheesy mushroom pasta.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Receiving

Upgrade Your Life

Hugging Meditation