Renewal

It's been exactly one month since I've moved to Bali. How has it been? At times I still have those occasional episodes of negativity and brooding, but I must admit it has been so much easier to become quickly aware and breathe in to the present moment. I've become more kinder to myself. Basically I feel at ease and renewed :) Not sure if it's the move or if I'm just at that stage. The atmosphere definitely plays a big role.

Tomorrow fasting begins for the month of Ramadan, and for our last lunch today I decided to prepare a meal of falafels, hummus and some fresh salad. I tried a recipe that I found at about.com turned out pretty tasty! Even my sister ended up eating the falafels with 2 servings of salad, and she's the type of person who doesn't eat greens. Why the sudden change of heart? Maybe because I grated a lot of cheese on top!! :D

falafel
hummus
My first self-cooked meal in Bali :)

A Ramadan poem from Mawlana Jalal-al-Din Rumi

O moon-faced Beloved,
the month of Ramadan has arrived
Cover the table
and open the path of praise.

O fickle busybody.
it’s time to change your ways.
Can you see the one who’s selling the halvah
how long will it be the halvah you desire?

Just a glimpse of the halvah-maker
has made you so sweet even honey says,
“I’ll out myself beneath your feet, like soil;
I’ll worship at your shrine.”

your chick frets within the egg
with all your eating and choking
Break out of your shell that your wings may grow.
Let yourself fly.

The lips of the Master are parched
from calling the Beloved.
The sound of your call resounds
through the horn of your empty belly.

Let nothing be inside of you.
Be empty: give your lips to the lips of teh reed.
When like a reed you fill with His breath,
then you’ll taste sweetness.

Sweetness is hidden in the Breath
thats fills the reed.
Be like Mary – By that sweet breath
a child grew within her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Receiving

Upgrade Your Life

Hugging Meditation