"Letter to My Daughter" Maya Angelou

I love to read however there's just so much books on my list and so little time. So for some books I decided to listen to the audiobook instead. But when purchasing an audiobook one needs to be selective because you'll have different preferences in who the narrator is (I usually listen to a sample before i make a purchase from audible.com) and for most books, they were just meant to be read. Right now I am listening to Maya Angelou's "Letter to My Daughter", with the narration by Maya Angelou herself :) Here's some quotes from the book that I loved.

"Home is that youthful region where a child is the only real living inhabitant. Parents, siblings, and neighbors, are mysterious apparitions, who come, go, and do strange unfathomable things in and around the child, the region’s only enfranchised citizen."

"I am convinced that most people do not grow up. We find parking spaces and honor our credit cards. We marry and dare to have children and call that growing up. I think what we do is mostly grow old. We carry accumulation of years in our bodies and on our faces, but generally our real selves, the children inside, are still innocent and shy as magnolias.

We may act sophisticated and worldly but I believe we feel safest when we go inside ourselves and find home, a place where we belong and maybe the only place we really do."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Receiving

Upgrade Your Life

Hugging Meditation