Reincarnation

My friend and I met up with this guy who had psychic abilities. He was able to see paths that are opening for us and also our past life. He mentioned that my friend was a french guy :D I could completely see her as being french but the "guy" part surprised me! Then he mentioned that he was only able to see me as a child. I don't really know if I believe in reincarnations so I did some research.

In the Qur'an there are these verses:

"How can you reject faith in God? Do you not recall that you were once without life, and God gave you life; then God will cause you to die, and will again bring you to life; and finally to God will you return." (2:28)

"They will say, "Our Lord, you have put us to death twice, and You gave us two lives; now we have confessed our sins. Is there any way out?" (40:11)

From these versus it seems that we have two lives.

However in another verse it says:
When death comes to one of them, he says, 'My Lord, send me back again so that perhaps I may act rightly regarding the things I failed to do!' No indeed! It is just words he utters, and behind them is Barzakh (a barrier) until the Day when they will be resurrected. (23:99-100)

Maybe we do have two lives, one in this earth and in this body, and another life before as our own soul/spirit. But in this earth I believe we only have this one chance to do all the good and release all the greatness that longs to emerge from us.

If my soul is really a child though, everything seems to make a lot of sense! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Receiving

Upgrade Your Life

Hugging Meditation