Watching God



Most of my time living in Jakarta, I am consumed with the thoughts in my head, with work that needs to be done, the plans I want to make, figuring out what I need to have and want to become. The only time I can let go, breathe freely, enjoy my surroundings, and be presently aware is during my travels. But I've come to realize I don't need to travel miles to find peace and beauty, it all depends on how I am feeling inside (although finding peace and beauty is definitely much easier when I am surrounded by nature). Eventhough I still have a long way to go in finding calmness during daily irritations, and life's hiccups (and seeing it as something positive)... wherever I am, I am slowly learning the concept of becoming still, clearing my thoughts, just breathing and being... and then suddenly everything becomes beautiful and God is in everything I see and everywhere I am.

Dialogue from the movie "Their Eyes Were Watching God"
Tea Cake: Whatcha doin', Janie?
Janie Starks: I'm watchin' God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Receiving

Upgrade Your Life

Hugging Meditation