Year-end travel: Komodo National Park

To wrap-up 2009, I decided to go on a solo journey to Komodo National Park. It was an unbelievable journey!

This was the last sunset I saw at Labuan Bajo, Flores from a little local restaurant called "The Corner"


This is the view from my bungalow at the Golo Hilltop Hotel, which is owned by 2 dutch women who visited here and fell in love with the place and decided to live here, I can see why :)


At komodo national park there was an overwhelmingly large schools of fish, just mesmerizing!


The Komodos at Rinca Island were huge, they gave us long large wooden sticks just in case, but I didn't dare to even try to get too close.


I only got to dive 4 times at Komodo (Manta point, Batu Bolong, Crystal rock, full moon) but they were incredible, we saw 5 meter wide manta rays, eagle rays, white tip sharks, napoleon fish, bluefin tuna, giant trevally, scorpion fishes, and so much more! I hope I get the chance to come back and explore all the other sites!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Receiving

Upgrade Your Life

Hugging Meditation