Remembering

As I remember 9 years ago today, I can still see and feel the sights and emotions as it was just yesterday. I pray for all the innocent lives lost and that peace, tolerance and compassion will continue to fill our minds and hearts.

As I remember 9 years ago today, I was just in between stops from my station that morning when our subway was stopped...we were stuck for about half an hour down there not knowing what was going on until they announced at the intercom that there had been a small plane crash at the twin towers. In my mind I imagined a small 2 passenger plane that must have gotten lost.

The subway moved again and they instructed everyone to get out of the subway at my stop... and when I finally walked the steps out of the station to the streets of nyc... the whole experience and the next few weeks felt like a lucid dream...so vividly and overwhelmingly real but unbelievably horrific at the same time.

Colossal events and life-changing experiences moves people to re-evaluate their lives and see what is truly important. However, time and routine can make us forget that moment of inner purpose.

As I remember 9 years ago today, a clear vision returns and I am there once again.


An article from Daily Om I read today:

Life is an Illusion

Playing Your Part
This world we perceive as real is actually an illusion, not unlike a film being projected.

...Having the wisdom to know that life is but a dream does not mean that we ignore it or don't do our best with the twists and turns of our fate. Rather, like an actress who plays her role fully even as she knows it's only a role, we engage in the unfolding drama, but with a little more freedom because we know that this is not the totality of who we are.

And life is more of an improvisation than it is like a play whose lines have already been written, whose end is already known. Like an improviser, we have choices to make and the more we embrace the illusionary quality of the performance, the lighter we can be on the planet, on others, and on ourselves. We can truly play with the shadows cast by the light of the projector, fully engaging without getting bogged down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Receiving

Upgrade Your Life

Hugging Meditation